top of page
Brick house



Homeowner policies provide a package of coverage for owner-occupied primary and secondary homes, condominiums and renters. Depending upon the form, coverage is provided for the dwelling, other structures, contents, additional living expenses, and for personal liability. Our guidance on coverage amounts is to stand in front of your home, condo or apartment and envision the fire department putting out the embers of what was your property. . . everything you own. Then look at your current policy and ask yourself, "is this enough coverage to put me back where I was before the fire?"

HOMEOWNERS - The standard homeowner policy is written with a deductible and provides replacement coverage on the home and contents. Limitations on coverage for certain property and standard exclusions for certain losses differ from company to company. Read your policy and know what you have and do not have! Call our office for contract terms and interpretation. Older homes may be written on a market value basis or actual cash value basis depending upon the insurance company.


CONDOMINIUM COVERAGE - This is a form of homeowner coverage that provides dwelling coverage on that portion of the condo which is not covered by the association's master policy. It also provides protection for your contents, loss of use, and personal liability as well as for certain loss assessments made against you by your Association. Coverage terms differ in every condo association and thus is important to know what the association covers in order to properly tailor a policy for your situation.


RENTERS - Renters insurance is a form of homeowner coverage that protects your contents in the event of a loss from a covered peril. The liability coverage under the renter's policy protects you if you are sued for accidentally causing injury to others or for damaging their property. The policy also protects you from liability which may arise from a fire in the unit which you rent.


  • Ensure your home/condo/property to value. Do not under-insure. In other words, do not save a nickel in premium and have poorly protected property.

  • Consider higher deductibles to save premium. Absorb small losses yourself. Save the insurance for the "big one".

  • Do not insure property that you will never replace nor care little about.

  • Do not leave property lying about at home or in your car. It provides a target for thieves.

  • Put motion-detecting lights in your yard. They are inexpensive and they keep crooks, vandals, and thieves away.

  • Have timers set on interior lights while you are not at home.

  • Do not leave curtains open and do not put valuables in easy sight.

  • Consider a security system.

  • Control your pets at all times. Even a "friendly" dog/cat will bite if it thinks it is threatened.

  • Keep your home and yard well maintained. New electrical, trimmed trees, inspected plumbing, and heating. Clean chimneys! Clean gutters!

Front of Car



Auto insurance protects you from financial loss if you have an accident. The policy is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay for your losses as defined in your policy.



  • Liability - pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage. This coverage also applies when you are driving someone else's car.

  • Medical - pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation or funeral expenses for the driver and passengers of the policyholder's car.

  • Physical Damage Coverage - pays for damage to your car.

  • Collision - pays for damage to your car as a result of a collision with another object (car, wall, pothole). This coverage usually carries a deductible.

  • Comprehensive/Other than Collision - pays for loss or damage caused by something other than a collision (theft, vandalism, glass breakage, fire, animal hit). This coverage also usually carries a deductible.

  • Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists - will reimburse you, your family or a designated driver if one of you is injured by an uninsured or hit and run driver or an at-fault driver who does not have sufficient insurance.

  • Extra Coverages - Includes towing, labor rental expense, and loan/lease gap coverage. These are usually "add-ons" or optional endorsements to your policy.


Most states require you to carry some coverage. Wisconsin is not a mandatory insurance state but if you have an at-fault accident you are required to show financial responsibility or proof that you will pay for damages. We recommend the highest limit of liability coverage which is affordable to you. We also encourage a higher deductible to keep your costs down.




  • Consider the highest limits of liability coverage that you can afford or that are offered.

  • Increase your deductibles for collision and comprehensive - absorb smaller losses yourself.

  • Drop the physical damage coverage on your car when it gets older or depreciated - weigh the current value of the car against the annual premium you pay to protect it.

  • If you have adequate medical insurance, consider lower limits of med pay on the auto policy.

  • Before buying a car, check out the rating "symbol" of the car. The lower the symbol, the lower the premium. Look at the website (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety).

  • Buy a safe car.

  • Do not allow others to drive your car.

  • Use good "loss control" sense. Park at the far end of the parking lots where traffic is light. Park in the end spots where you can only get hit on one side.

  • Slow down! Speed and carelessness cause accidents and tickets increase the cost of insurance.

  • Don't drive during bad weather.

  • Alarm your car - If no alarm - use "the club


We refer our customers to several excellent local glass companies that have provided our clients with excellent service. Glass claims are pre-approved through recognized glass networks to ensure fair pricing and high quality. Call our office, 262-790-0000, for a referral to a glass vendor. We provide the glass company with the details of your car to ensure fast repairs!

Open Sign





If you are a business owner you're probably already familiar with risk. After all, few things in life are riskier than launching and running your own small business. Part of the risk of any small business is the loss of critical tools and property or liability to others, either of which can cause loss of income or even force you to close your doors. Large companies employ full-time risk managers to control and minimize their exposure to loss. As a small-business operator, you are your company's risk manager, along with its personnel director, office manager, and possibly the entire staff all rolled into one.


While juggling all the jobs that need to get done to make your firm a smooth-running and profitable operation, you may already be asking yourself: "Who has time to think about insurance?"


Keeping risks and losses to a minimum is a cornerstone of business success, especially for small businesses. Take a few minutes now to check your risk factors, find out your insurance needs, and learn the many options available to you. And remember choosing the right agent is as important as choosing the right insurance. We are experienced in risk management for small businesses. Count on us!



A Contractors Business insurance policy combines protection for property and liability risks in one package. This type of package is called a business owners policy (BOP) and is typically used to insure smaller to medium-sized businesses. Larger companies might purchase a commercial package policy or customize their policies to meet the special risks they face. MacGillis Agency will help you evaluate your individual situation and recommend the best type of plan.


Most states require you to carry some coverage. Wisconsin is not a mandatory insurance state but if you have an at-fault accident you are required to show financial responsibility or proof that you will pay for damages. We recommend the highest limit of liability coverage which is affordable to you. We also encourage a higher deductible to keep your costs down.



  • Property insurance for buildings and contents owned by the company.

  • Business interruption insurance, which covers the loss of income resulting from a fire or other catastrophe that disrupts the operation of the business. It can also include the extra expense of operating out of a temporary location.

  • Liability protection, which covers your company's legal responsibility for the harm it may cause to others. This harm is a result of things that you and your employees do or fail to do in your business operations that may cause bodily injury or property damage.


BOPs generally do NOT cover professional liability, auto insurance, worker's compensation nor health and disability insurance. You'll need separate insurance policies to cover professional services, vehicles, your employees, and for unusual products liability exposures.


You can depend on MacGillis Agency to protect your investment property with broad coverage for residential property owners.


Whether you own a single-family rental or several multi-unit buildings we represent several companies that offer comprehensive coverages and allow us to tailor a protection plan to your specific needs.


  • Buildings

  • Other Structures

  • Loss of Rent

  • Premises Liability

Dancing Couple



MacGillis Agency can help you make smart choices when buying life insurance.


We help you decide: How much to buy, which product to buy, and which life insurance product is best for your needs.

The MacGillis Agency offers a variety of products for individuals or businesses. Our portfolio of life products help provide custom solutions for your financial security.


Our product line includes: Universal Life Insurance, Term Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Whole Life, Return of Premium, and Annuities.


Top 10 Reason NOT to buy life insurance.

1. My family will have enough money to live.

2. My family is not responsible for paying my debts.

3. I cannot afford life insurance.

4. There is always tomorrow.

5. I do not need life insurance until I retire.

6. I am too young.

7. My family will not be affected financially.

8. My children will find a way to attend college.

9. I'll be buried in a pine box.

10. I plan to live forever! 

Working from Home





Many of our insurance companies have "800" claim numbers where claims may be called directly to the company. In many cases, companies prefer to speak directly to the customer.


The claim correspondent gathers data and electronically sends the information to the claims office for assignment of an adjuster. Our companies endeavor to contact you within 24 hours.



  • Auto Owners 1-888-252-4626 (after hours)

  • Badger Mutual 1-800-383-1234 | 1-866-223-4371(after hours)

  • Dairyland 1-800-638-8763

  • EMC 1-888-362-2255

  • Encompass 1-800-588-7400

  • Partners Mutual 1-262-798-5050

  • Progressive Drive 1-800-776-4737

  • QBE 1-844-723-2524

  • State Auto Insurance 1-800-766-1853

  • West Bend Mutual 1-877-922-5246

  • Wilson Mutual 1-800-242-7708 (after hours)


Generally, we recommend that you turn in a claim without delay if you are "at-fault" in an accident. Do not hesitate to call the Agency (262-790-0000) if you are in doubt as to whether or not to submit a claim.

Laptop and Phone



Monday - Thursday 8:00-4:30

Friday 8:00-4:00




W3934 County Hwy H - P.O. Box 100 Fredonia, WI  53021-0100

14772 naPIA Logo v1 Wisconsin bullet points.png

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page